The girls are in bed, I popped in a movie and have finished getting what I need to get done for the jr. high program at church tomorrow. It's not a secret that I love being a part of what God is doing globally. I love being able to share that passion with others and make people more "aware"...and thus, hopefully, spur them into action themselves. So, tomorrow, I get to hang out with the jr highers and get their minds wrapped around the idea that there is world outside of their own. Daunting task, eh?! I love it.
Even though we have dubbed our life these last few years as the "wilderness" and I like to make parrellisms to the Israelites' "wanderings"... it hasn't allll been bad. We haven't always been "wandering"... aimlessly! I have much to be thankful for and have many, many bright spots in our life here. I bet the Israelites realized that at times, too. Basically... it's been a ride on a rollercoaster with its ups, downs, twists, turns; a never ending rollercoaster ride that hasn't stopped.... and it's through a wilderness (like some new techy disneyland ride!)!! I feel like we get so close to the "end" where it's time to get off and get on a new ride, but then all of a sudden... WHOOSH... we're off again... on the SAME forsaken RIDE! :)
This quote by John Piper is one of many things God's used to help me persevere (particularly this weekend): "God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him." This wandering wilderness ride has forced me in more ways than one to fall at the foot of the cross and find my only satisfaction in Him. Although I went through a time where I prayed for the ride to END (and if I'm honest, I still pray it when I'm at the end of myself... once again!)... I know that THAT'S when I find myself most satisfied in Him. So often I feel like I'm not satisfied because of life's circumstances (and I know that sounds very ungrateful, believe me, I've dealt with that too, and I DO KNOW that compared to SO many people I have it GOOD), but I guess that's right where He wants me to be...because all I can do is turn to Him FOR my satisfaction. It's incredibly, incredibly humbling.
I am humbled in His unconditional love for me... I am truly undeserving!
Collaboration request
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment