Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Halloween Weekend NorEaster

Scroll down to the other picture of this branch... and you'll see where it fell originally. The winds on Sunday pulled it down further. Lucky it didn't go through our bathroom window! Lauren was quite startled to go into the bathroom and see branches!
Neighbor's house across the street with limbs on their roof. I think their backyard and our other neighbor's backyards with a large stretch of woods was littered with huge branches. We heard chain saws going all day!
Branches that fell on our neighbor's fence (which hasn't been fixed since our tree fell on their fence and house over a year ago!)
Tree branch on our roof... which fell down further on Sunday due to the wind gusts. I think I had heard that one fall in the middle of the night because I woke up after hearing something and decided to move Lauren from her bed upstairs (right under that tree!) to the couch... you know, playing it safe!

We were among millions affected by the NorEaster that hit us Halloween Weekend. We had power restored on Tue night. Thankfully, we were able to stay with a dear friend who is our "family" out here. She was quite saddened to see us go (well, maybe more so the girls?!!). After one night (Sunday night) of "roughing" it, we decided it wasn't worth it! I've already missed three days of school and the hopes is we'll return on Thursday (tomorrow). Josh and the girls still had school. (NCA was in the 10% that still had power on in Nashua!) Today, I am doing laundry and going grocery shopping. We lost everything in our fridge and freezer! UGH (and all the unopened cartons and food I had gotten on Saturday wasted!!!). Phew- so far we've been back in NH for the three largest power outages in state record (2008 ice storm (we never lost power as we lived in the apartment near the hospital); 2010 wind storm- which my father was here for (we lost power for only maybe 1/2 a day, mainly through the night hours; and now 2011 Halloween freak weekend NorEaster, which we finally impacted significantly!) Could it be us?!

1 comment:

brent said...

Wow....it appears that this storm was worse than Irene. Go figure! I had a co-worker just get back from Mass. He was visiting his parents when the storm hit. They may still not have power. Glad to hear you got your power back! Hope the little ladies faired well enough. Your bro...