Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lots to catch up on!!


Kaylor turned 8 on May 7th! We had an all classmate birthday party outside and yes, I made her strawberry cake from scratch (perhaps I wouldn't have done so, but she is allergic to soy... and so many processed/boxed foods has soy). I have to say it was delicious and quite proud of myself! The sun shined all morning and right as the party ended, it clouded up and the rain came!
We celebrated Mother's Day with a drive over to the beach and up along the coast for a bit. Our favorite restaurant was mobbed, so we decided to drive back home and went out to eat that night at Cracker Barrel! Yum!
A Happy Mother's Day squeeze!
Grandma and Grandpa Wachter got to be chaperones for Kaylor's field trip to the New England Aquarium. I took a personal day off of work and drove some kids down and helped out as well. It was so much fun (minus my shoe breaking and having to walk with one shoe to the aquarium and then having to buy flipflops in the gift shop first thing!). Ah, the memories!

Kaylor highly recommends the touch tanks... the starfish and crab touch tank and then the stingray and hammerhead touch tank! VERY COOL!!

And... FINALLY!!!! I received my Master's Degree in Education with focus in Curriculum and Instruction on May 14! It was outdoors, a bit chilly waiting for it to start, but a wonderful ceremony overall! The girls got to stay at our friend's house so they didn't have to manage a 3 hour sit! We took the picture once we came back to pick them up after the ceremony.

No comments: