Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

Well, Christmas morning came quite early in our household. We managed (and I have no idea how!) to keep Kaylor in bed with us for an extra 50 minutes (she woke up at 5:08 AM and came running into our room so excited exclaiming Santa HAD indeed come!)- just so we could give Lauren extra time sleep (well, and maybe Grandma and Grandpa Wachter AND us?!!). Eventually we all rolled out of bed around 6 am! We checked out the stockings and presents from Santa (and the one delivered for Uncle Brent by Santa) and then we (I) made the traditional monkey bread roll while Josh played games with the girls and we showered and ate breakfast. Then we rolled out the next series of gift opening from family near and far!

Because the giving & receiving of gifts is a focal point, we discuss a lot with the girls throughout the season why we do what we do. Although I didn't get a picture of it, but the girls had discussed very early on what they wanted to give Jesus for a present, since it IS HIS birthday! So, they took these little miniature treasure chests from their toy castle and put them up with the Nativity. Inside, Kaylor had written on a piece of paper that she was giving him the gifts of love, joy and hope just as He had given to her. It was so sweet. I can't believe I didn't capture it on film! Christmas is such a special time of the year!

You can barely see Josh's new Cowboy's shirt (well, is that really a bad thing?!!)!
The Highlights series are a hit in our household, thanks Great Grandpa and Lynn!
The girls were STOKED about receiving the Ramona Quimly movie! We watched it that afternoon and enjoyed lots of laughs! Thanks Nonie and Papa!
Thanks Great Uncle Ben, Aunt Amy, cousins Eric, Travis and Lilly! They even wore them to church the next day! Nice and warm for the blizzard we got!
The holiday dress and accessories for Lauren's Josephina doll courtesy Grandma and Grandad! A perfect addition for Josephina's collection!
Once again, Santa delivered Uncle Brent's gift this year! Guess what we've been playing?! It was quite the riot playing the canoe race later on- I never knew paddling could be so difficult, yet I was still able to beat out Lauren at the last minute!
Per my request, Santa delivered an almost life-sized Nutcracker so I could put the family (including my parents gift) gift of tickets to see the Nutcracker at the Boston Opera House! Lauren posing Christmas morn with him!

2 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

Ann, I can't believe how big the girls are getting!! We got a Wii this year, too, and my arms are already sore from the canoeing game :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like the girls had a wonderful Christmas. Miss you guys.